vimeologoFM

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Uncomfortable Zones of Fun, October 22, 2011


The video will open in a new window/tab.
You can also download the video here (mp4, 2.3 GB):
https://archive.org/download/uzof-2011-10-22/uzof-2011-10-22.mp4

Recorded at Temescal Arts Center, Oakland, California.

Well, this one was like driving a bus!  Especially when we just did a performance last week and I really had not recovered.  I don’t mind driving a bus if we go to deep places, if the people are willing to risk themselves so we can go to unexplored territories.  At first it looked quite questionable.  There was a crip who wrote me a couple days before  wanting to study with me to learn how        to enjoy his life.  I told him that coming to the performance would be a great start.  But he wouldn’t come into the lights with the people even when I said that was where what he wanted was.  He finally left to avoid being a part of the rest of us in the lights!

The first part didn’t look good.  A lot of no’s!  Then magic started happening!  Rigid fragile shells started to crack, letting new questions and possibilities into the hearts of the people which clearly will change lives radically.  The people did this incomprehensible miracle, not me the bus driver.  They did not hold on to the fragile shells.  They took personal responsibility for following the new possibilities although that threatened their usual frames of reality outside of the performance.  Of course I did tricks to make it possible for them to go from rigid perpendicular individuals to a tribal body of nude dancing kids enjoying moving together flowing realizing their beauty.  But they did it, were responsible for it!  Thank heaven…  I was so tired I didn’t get nude!
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog