vimeologoFM

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Art Outlaws


The video will open in a new window/tab.
You can also download the video here (mp4, 1.9 GB):
https://archive.org/download/artoutlaws-ashkenaz-1993-04-04/artoutlaws-ashkenaz-1993-04-04.mp4

Recorded at Ashkenaz, Berkeley, California, April 4, 1993.

After so-called feminists tried unsuccessfully to stop the booking of this show because they thought my art was somehow sexist, this show marked the transition from me singing to corny records [which I had been doing since THE OUTRAGEOUS BEAUTY REVUE broke up in the early eighties] to jamming.  In fact, this could be considered the first CHEROTIC ALL STAR BAND.  Barb Golden of THE WIG BAND opened up the night.  Her sax player Toyoji had played with John Cage.  I did backup vocals for her in her set.  Then she played keyboard in my band with John Seabury of THE PSYCHOTIC PINEAPPLE [which formed after they saw my OUTRAGEOUS BEAUTY REVUE] on guitar.  Before the show I tried to get Toyoji to play in my band.  But he shyly declined.  However in the middle of the glorious erotic chaos of the set, he crawled on the stage and got more and more uninhibited!
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog