vimeologoFM

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Erotic Campaign [Entire performance]



You can also download the video here (mp4, 2.7 GB):
https://archive.org/download/erotic-campaign-091308/erotic-campaign-091308.mp4

Recorded at 8th. Street Studio, Berkeley, California, September 13, 2008

This was the climax of my two year presidential campaign.

A performance can be built on a good title…like THE EROTIC CAMPAIGN…FEEL, TOUCH THE POSSIBILITIES. The title creates a bubble of expectations that set off reactions which build a reality. The excuse for this performance was the U.K. Eurotrash tv show SEXARAMA…the title tells it all…wanted to do a piece on the campaign. I grabbed onto this excuse to do a 3-hour inter-active ritual. For the last few years I have been only doing band gigs. I knew probably the t.v. people would boil the hours of magic down to 5 minutes of sleazy fluff. But I am willing to risk! The difference between a band gig and an inter-active ritual is the band gig has fairly defined frames. But in an inter-active ritual I don’t know what will happen from one minute to the next. I do enter the performance with pictures. But it always becomes quickly obvious those pictures ain’t what is going to happen….so dive in and float!

Everything clicked. Great band full of my long-time Cherotic vets…a great space…an audience ready to combine politics, erotics, music, and personal magic.  I had to just not block it!

More info: http://www.eroplay.com/Cave/erotic_campaign/index.html
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog