vimeologoFM

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Uncomfortable Zones Of Fun, February 2011


The video will open in a new window/tab.
You can also download the video here (mp4, 3.1 GB):
https://archive.org/download/uzof-2011-02-25/uzof-2011-02-25.mp4

Recorded at Temescal Arts Center, Oakland, California
Friday, February 25, 2011

Mmmmmmm…  I might need more musicians because none of my regular amazing musicians appeared last night.  So maybe the next performance will be an audition!

Mmmmmm…  Mmmmmm…  I don’t try to be transgressive.  If you try, you ain’t, which is dullish deadening boring.  A motor mouth at one of the ends of the performance complained that it hadn’t been transgressive enough.  He obviously was talking and hadn’t noticed when over three fourths of the audience ran out en mass when things got hot and surreal.  That is, when I shifted from my stand-up [sit-up] act into absorbing the boundaries to direct explicit participation, like any self-respecting sex cult guru would do, like what they just told me they came for!  And he must have been talking when Eugene told me that when he read the review in THE VILLAGE VOICE about my 1987 THE INTIMATE CAVE at FRANKLIN FURNACE, he wanted to do that kind of art.  But it scared him shitless.  It took all this time to get here!  Now if just a review had that profound an effect, what is transgressive?

Anyway, it was a night of collaborative experimenting both with Guillermo Gomez-Pena and with the dancer Kyra Rice.  The dance with Kyra, Linda and I was the ocean waters of subjectless limitless desire for life, rubbing against cliffs of sand, slowly melting.

More: https://eroplay.com/Cave/uzof/uzof-feb2011/index.html

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog