vimeologoFM

Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Erotic Greeter



Recorded April 4, 2011 on on Hopkins Street, Berkeley, California as part of Maggie Lawson’s “Small Pieces of Your Truth”.

Here is what Frank wrote about this piece:
Just got back from doing my part of Maggie Lawson’s performance, small pieces of your truth [see below for her directions]. I picked the option PUBLIC GIFT. The free service of my part was being available to be touched and physically explored as THE EROTIC GREETER. I had a sign to that effect as I sat outside the shops on Hopkins Street for about ninety minutes. It was a great day to be sitting outside! I don’t know if I used any skills from my Master degrees in psychology and in performance /video [I don’t believe I got any skills from those days]. I did similar performances long before grad school! Anyway, I sat in the shade and engaged with people as they passed by as Linda about ten yards away documented it with photos and video. Most people just passed me, working hard on NOT looking at me. Of course little kids looked and pointed. Some people said “hi, Frank,” knowing me from my Berkeley community public access cable show. And one of my favorite singers, Shelley Doty, with her son stopped to talk. And a guy pulled up and got out of his car to talk. He said a few weeks ago he was building a fence for a guy and the guy told him about me. So he wanted to meet me. So…! A fun day!

 ----------

The Erotic Greeter POW! POW! POW! Festival October 16, 2010 http://eroplay.com/Cave/powpowpow2010/
Includes write ups by Frank, BH and transcript of our conversation with Guillermo Gomez Pena

 ----------

More about both performances here:
http://eroplay.org/the-erotic-greeter/
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog